Monday, November 30, 2009

Walked 3 miles

I slept very well last night despite the annoying back pain.  I did get the solid 7 hours I was hoping for last night.  Yea!  Then I took more meds and slept longer.  Over 12 hours in all. 

I didn't feel well in the morning though.  My meds had run out so I was sore.  I was also depressed, feeling really gross and unattractive, and not looking forward to a day on the couch.  Ken helped me through it and then helped me wash up, including washing my hair.  When I finally got out and about, my mom made me an egg sandwich (yum) and I took my meds but I had a headache and was still grouchy.

My mother-in-law said some very nice things to me as they were leaving and that was really nice. They are really great people and give so much of themselves to their family.  After they left, my mom got me a blanket (the one my daughter and sister-in-law made for me over the weekend) and Ken rubbed my shoulders to try to get my headache to go away.  It wouldn’t subside, so I decided I'd go out for a walk.  I did two miles with the steverunner podcast and the third mile my mom joined me.  The headache did go away. 

I'm still very concerned about the huge swelling of my chest area under my arms.  I'm also scared because it is completely numb there.  We see the surgical oncologist on Wed and the plastic surgeon on Thursday, so I'll be able to ask about these problems then.  I also notice that when I use the computer or try to read, my eyes have trouble staying focused.  That's probably because of the pain meds.  My arms also hurt when I try to type for awhile.  So I'll stop typing now and go get cleaned up again since the walk was quite a workout for me.  I'm in a better frame of mind though.  That's good.  The kids get home in a little over an hour.   

3 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    You are amazing! I think about you every day and am cheering you on in your recovery! Hope to see you soon.
    -Karen
    p.s. Did Val get Sammi's phone message?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly I have been thinking about you. It can't be much fun right now. I am glad the surgery went well and the nodes were clear. Keep on truckin'.

    Erin W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kelly:

    We are thinking of you and praying that the pain and swelling go away. It is amazing that you are walking three miles at this time but going out during a pretty day definitely lifts the spirit. Get ready for my burritos!! With care, Olga :)

    ReplyDelete