Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

Ken and I had the day off today, though we both did some work to keep up with everything.  We've been out for doctor's appointments and are trying to keep up with work before surgery sets us back again.

Unfortunately, I didn't get out for a run as planned.  I slept in and then we worked and did some overdue errands.  I thought I could still go out after the kids were home from school, but Val really needed my attention and that was much more important.

The only thing I got done related to health was that I sent an email to the children support group coordinator at the hospital.  I asked if they had any support groups for kids Val's age or if we could host or start a support group. We'll see what information they can offer.

A big "thank you" goes out to all the veterans out there. Tonight, Val and Jason sang "God Bless the USA" over the phone to their grandfather who is a veteran. 

Tomorrow I've got an important work meeting in the morning and then two more pre-op appointments.  The days are just flying by now!  I hope Beth's surgery went well today and she feels better soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day off, except for the "no run" part. I am one of those companies that did not have off....loved the note about Val and Jason singing to their grandfather. Hang in there with your appointments and find a little time for Kelly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kel!
    I know you wish you could have run today but being able to relax enough to sleep in is something to feel good about, too.

    I'm impressed that you have become known worldwide according to your flag counter :) Hope the rest of your pre-op appts go well over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete