Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

The kids went to Ken's sister's house in Dayton to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Initially, Val was reluctant to go, but after I explained that I'd be sleeping most of the day, she went to Dayton and is having fun.  We expect them back on Saturday.  

Ken, Mom, Dad, and I stayed here and ordered Thanksgiving meal from Cracker Barrel.  It was very nice and relaxing.

Although it's been a rough 6 weeks or so, I am still very thankful that
  • I have so many loving family and friends,
  • My family is blessed with good health and kind hearts,
  • I live in a city with an excellent cancer hospital,
  • I have a great job with supportive and fun colleagues and bosses,
  • My cancer was caught early enough that the lymph nodes were clear,
  • I'm strong enough physically and mentally to get through all this.
I'm still sore and quite limited in what I can do for myself.  I hate that.  Of course, Ken and my parents are here to save the day and are making this much easier than if I was doing it alone.  It's been very helpful to have someone who knows something about medicine (mom works at a drug store).  The number of pills I have to take for a couple of weeks seems crazy: Aleve, a muscle relaxer, an antibiotic, percocet, and a couple others.  I also have to drink an enormous amount of water.  To choke it down, I'm mixing it 3 to 1 with G2.

Didn't get out for a walk today.  However, I got my dressings changed and read a book for a few hours.  Thanks to all your love and support, I'm taking small steps back to the land of the living.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Kelly, Ken and your family. Kelly, we are all very thankful that you are making progress and are surrounded by so many wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete