Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update from Kelly

Hi everyone! Kelly here. I'm on major pain meds and sore, sleepy, and annoyed that I can't even get out of bed without help. It's been wonderful to have my parents here to help. Mom is handling dinner for the family and working with Ken to learn how to care for these terrible drains and other "nursing" I need. Dad is running the kids from one event to another as well as taking Mom to join the group waiting for news during/after surgery. Lots of others came, too, I hear. Ken's parents and sister, Bob, Dave S, Nancy, Eunice, Olga, Jean, Brian and Dave M were here.  I was totally out of it most of the day Monday and Tuesday (today) so I didn't see them all.

This will be kind of short because I find that I can't type worth a dime right now either.

Anyway, I'm sure you all got the good news from Ken. He has been posting blogs for me to let you know how it's going. Really, it's been the best case scenario. They are pretty sure they got all of the cancer and pre-cancer cells. The 3 lymph nodes they took out were clear (no cancer). More studies on the lymph nodes and breast tissue will be required before we will know for sure.  However, I guess you never know if a stray cell made it elsewhere and we can’t see it. I don’t think so though. I’m pretty sure the toughest parts will be behind me in a few months. I’ll require at least one other surgery, though to put in permanent implants. I’m sooooooooo over this surgery thing!

Emotionally, I’m not really able to deal with this at all yet. That’s probably a good thing or all the crying would just make matters worse. Right now, I’m just dealing with pain on a moment by moment basis.

Well, I can’t type well or keep my eyes open any longer. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It seems they are working.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....can't believe you are are updating your blog the same day you are out of the hospital! Amazing..... Okay, short note just to say soooooo glad the surgery went well. Now, excuse me for shouting, but GET SOME REST...: - ). Damn, I think that is the 1st time I ever tried to tell you what to do : - ), I know, I know... you will do what you want anyway.... and that is another reason that we all think you are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Kelly. The pain will overshadow all other issues for a while. Then other things will pop up and you'll deal with them one by one. You're strong and the worst is over.

    ReplyDelete