Monday, November 16, 2009

Supportive emails

I got several supportive emails today. 

The first email was from an old family friend.  In addition to giving me updates on her family, Jenny wrote that she checked with several nurse friends who told her I've made a very wise decision in deciding to have both breasts removed. She went on to recognize that the recovery time will seem very long, but encouraged me to hang in there and do what the docs tell me, including any recommended therapy.  Since I'm having a tough time accepting this decision, it was certainly good to hear someone thinks it is wise.  If I remember correctly, when I was growing up with her kids, Jenny was a nurse too.

Another email was from one of Ken's cousins who sent me the lyrics of a song from church today, Be Not Afraid.  It was really nice to know she was thinking of me and offered that support.

Two other emails were from colleagues who recently found out about my diagnosis and offered prayers and support.

We had another good family day today with swim practice, going out to Damon's, and spending some good time together.  I tried to prep Jason a little by telling him my surgery is in a week and that I'll be hurting a lot and sleeping a lot afterward.  He asked if I would want him to come and see me in bed, I said that would be nice to get some lovin' from him sometimes.  He seemed to like that.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, you sure have so many things to think about. I pray for calm and peaceful thoughts that bring you comfort. Take care. Deb Burgesser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelly! Just wanted to let you know you and your family have been in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find comfort and strength in the good book. I found a few versus that I hope will bring you comfort and strength as well.


    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And he shall direct your paths."
    Proverbs 3:5

    I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
    Philippians 4:13

    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete