Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting things done

I worked late tonight, but accomplished MUCH today.  The two primary items I needed to complete before taking medical leave are now done.  I still have two work days filled with meetings and clean-up work, but the "drive" to complete the major tasks is done.  Ahhh, that feels good.

Yesterday, I had a great email from a friend who had a mastectomy last year and it was so nice to hear her story.  I really have been meaning to call her, but I just haven't made the time yet.  I also made a new connection with someone who I think had a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy.  We will probaby trade emails too.

Time is starting to get shorter and shorter.  I know I won't get everything done that I'd like to in the next few days.  The house is a mess, though Ken is keeping up with it much better than I am. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes.  It's bed time now.  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I had a mammogram on tuesday and since they scared me last year and had me come in the next day for an ultrasound (i guess it was fine) every time the phone rang I felt weak in the knees. So far I haven't heard more. This the day they say 40 year olds don't need mammograms! B.S!! I feel like your bad news hit close to home as it so could have been me. Why is it you? Why isn't it me? We are both runners, active with our kids, same age about, great husbands and families,etc. So when you came in to the office today i was stunned to hear you tell me that you have the big C. I tell you what, you get treated, (git 'er done!) then you plan on doing the Susan Komen triathlon with me next June. You'll be in good shape by then. I did it last year. short swim, 12mile bike and 2 mile run (easy for half marathoners!). It is an all girl triathlon. Maybe it is something you would consider doing. Let me know! Show that breast cancer you are the boss!! I will be thinking about you on Monday and have already said prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a crazy person! I'd be challenged to do such an event even now . . . I can't imagine doing it after they stretch out my pecks and I gain even more weight with no activity for a month or more. Icks!

    Ken thinks it would be WONDERFUL for me to do this. It would give me a goal, get me to cross-train (I'm terrible at cycling), etc.

    So . . . I'm thinking about it. It's very great of you to think of it and to ask.

    ReplyDelete