Saturday, November 28, 2009

Feeling better

I'm feeling better this morning.  The cramps and gas are gone.  Now it's just the usual pain that comes from the wounds and drains.  I heard from many women that the worst part was the drains and I'd have to agree.  I really do hate them.  Then again, after hearing what Beth is going through post-drains, I'm glad I still have them in. I still have some swelling anyway, so we'll be talking with the docs about that next week.

My appointment with the surgical oncologist is on Wednesday and on Thursday I meet with the plastic surgeon.  Currently I look and feel lopsided, but I'm trying not to worry about it because it might just be the placement of the temporary expanders.  It is difficult to ignore though.  I wonder if the left expander broke and they will have to go back in for more surgery.  I certainly hope not.  I'm not real good at this surgery thing.

Dad just left for the airport this morning.  Mom has decided to stay another week to help out.  It has been great to have them here to care for me, offer support, run kids around, and even get a few more things done on our basement project.  I've been able to be downstairs several times since surgery and it is really nice to be there.  It makes me smile to see all that we have done and how nice it is looking.

The kids are coming home sometime today and it will be great to see them.  I'd better go get some rest now, though because I'll need to have some energy for them. 

1 comment:

  1. Very glad you are feeling better Kelly. Hang in there. also, glad your mom gets to stay a little longer.
    Thanks for the note. Sending energy vibes for the kids coming home.

    ReplyDelete