Monday, November 16, 2009

Gifts

I spent most of the day and evening trying to get work done so I can relax as much as possible heading into the surgery.  I'm making progress and hope to get a lot done this week.

Mom is getting me the camisole Beth recommended in her blog.  If you can think of anything else I should take to the hospital or to have at home when I return, please let me know.  I probably won't be needing the deck of cards Ken and I took to the hospital when Jason was born. :-)   My grandmother still laughs when she tells this story.  The day after Jason was born, Ken and I called her to double-check on the counting of a cribbage hand.  We were so much more relaxed with the second baby!

Today I got a wonderful gift in the mail.  Ken's aunt and uncle sent me a glass and gold "Healing Angel" holding a cancer awareness ribbon.  Below is a picture of it that I found on the web, but it doesn't really do it justice.  In the fancy box was the script:

Healing Angel
The mission of this Angel's watch
Is hope we'll find a cure;
For all the ills that face our lives,
Through faith, we will endure.
 Thank you, Carm and Dave!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, been a little low on comments lately, but been reading. Away at my parents this weekend and my work PC does not allow comments via Google...whine, whine. Sounds like you have a barrage of friends and family surrounding you with support and love. So the big question is did you and Ken put Jason in a baby "cribbage" after he was born : - ) One of those innovative rolling bed/stroller/card game combinations.... Hang in there kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a whole nesting phase before surgery. Although looking at the house, it doesn't matter now :) Things are in such disarray, but I need to remember that I can clean later. Is your surgery November 23rd? Sorry, I am drunk all the time now and don't have a handle on much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, less than a week now! The big day is November 23!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you run with the Nike plus thing? If you do, we ought to find each other and create a challenge to get us back in shape. Although I can, I don't plan on running until January 1. I think a clean start in 2010 is in order. Everything else can fall into order before then. You're in my thoughts all the time. You're strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I don't have the Nike plus thing. Just a Garmin 305 and an MP3 player. I've never used the buckeye outdoors site, but I hear it's great for uploading or tracking training, maybe we could look into that. Or just keep sharing blog updates. I talked about you several times today. You are certainly an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read my blog today, after I thought I'd never feel human again, it does get better! You can do this Kelly, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I read your blog every day!! I'm so glad you're feeling better. One week of the toughest stuff and then maybe I'll be human again? Can't wait. ;-)

    ReplyDelete