Sunday, November 29, 2009

Over-tired

I had a very busy weekend. Saturday, Ken, my mother, and I went out to look at some condos because they are thinking of moving here after they retire.  Then today I attended the swim meet.  Jason swam from about 8am to 10:30am and then I went home and slept for 2 hours and then went back for Val's meet from 1-4:30.  Afterward, we went out to eat.  I'm pretty tired. 

Everyone thinks I was crazy for going to the meet, but I wanted to be there.  Jason (age 8 in the 8 and under age group) got 1st in the backstroke and 2nd in the 50 free.  Valerie (age 11 in the 12 and under age group) got 4th in the 50 fly, 5th in the 100 IM, and 10th in 50 free.

I'm too tired to write more right now but I will say that I'm pretty worried about the sides of my chest - under my arms.  It's really swollen there and numb.  I can understand why the left side might be trouble because they took out 3 lymph nodes on that side.  I don't know why I'm having the same problem on the right side, though.  I still have the drains in and I wonder if they aren't doing a good enough job. 

I'm also starting to feel the emotional part of all of this.  I suspect that will kick in even more later.  Maybe it helps that I'm wrapped up most of the time.  Also, I do have little bumps that are not that different from how I used to feel in a tight sports bra. 

I'm going to change into more comfy clothes now and then take my meds and go to bed.  I'm way past tired and on the way to sick, I think.  Unfortunately, I can't sleep very many hours before my back starts to spasm and rebel against the constant sleeping on my back.  This morning I didn't sleep much after 4am.  Every 15 minutes or so I kept trying to stretch to fix my back so I could sleep more.

Let's hope for a good 7 or 8 hours tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you're crazy Kelly, but mom's can be that way for their kids : - ). Hang in there and get some rest. I am sending a bunch of Serta sheep (shhhh I think they "hurd" me); some gentle ocean wave sounds (oops, that usually makes me go to the bathroom); and a back massage/stretching thingy to help you sleep. Can I say "thingy" in a public blog??? Thanks for the updates, I know it is tough to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow down Kelly. Stay good to yourself. I'm suffering the consequences of doing too much too soon. I know it's hard when you start to feel better not to go full force. I hear you on the back sleeping crap too.

    ReplyDelete