Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Great food!

I had to slow down a bit today because I was tired and sore.  These drains are really a pain.  They are pulling at my skin and making it irritated and sore.  Oh how I wish I was getting them out at my appointment tomorrow, but that is highly unlikely.  I guess it's possible the right one will come out since it's draining about 30cc per day, but I'm not sure a week is long enough.  They expected the drains to be in for two weeks.  Ick!  The two on the left side are nowhere near ready to come out.

I was out with my mother looking at tile for a backsplash for the basement kitchenette.  It was a nice day, but I wasn't doing as well as yesterday so it was good to get back home and lay down. 

Yesterday and today we were treated to dinners from Tom and Cindy, colleagues at work.  We couldn't keep Ken out of the pork even before it was heated.  He declared it to be excellent cold!  I had a similar reaction to the chicken enchiladas and I ate them for both lunch and dinner.  It was wonderful to have this food for dinner - the only problem is that our kids will get used to fabulous food for dinner so Ken and I will have to learn how to cook a lot better after xmas!  LOL.  Thank you, Eunice for coordinating -  and everyone else for cooking such wonderful food for us!

Tomorrow is a big day because it's my first appointment post-surgery.  I hope I learn about the pathology on the tissue and get an idea of what to expect on-going for treatment.  I am still very much against doing chemo or taking Tamoxifin.  I hope the docs agree.  If not, they will have to make a strong case for me to jump into those treatments right now.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow Kelly. Will be thinking about you and hoping for the best. I suggest bribing the doctor with some enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! I agree with the comment above -- nothing wrong with a little bribery.

    Although I imagine that your persistence in getting every possible detail from them before you ever got close to the operating room will clue them in that they better NOT even think about recommending something now that they aren't 2000% sure that you need at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,

    I have been thinking of you a lot and glad to hear that you are slowly healing and able to get out and about a little. Your emotional and physical strength will expediate your recovery. I'll check in on your later. Hang in there, Mona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of you and Ken each day and sending healthy and "be patient with yourself" vibes your way. Since I am so un-technical, let's see if this comment works. See you on Friday afternoon with dinners for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

    ReplyDelete