Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home alone

Nothing much to report these last couple of days. 

My friend Ann came by to see me yesterday.  She brought lunch and we sat and chatted for hours.  Her kids swim with ours in the summer and we have it off very well as a family.  It was wonderful to talk with her.  A few years ago when she was 41, she went through something similar, so we had lots of stories to trade.  It reminded me of the way women who recently have had babies talk when they are alone together. 

I've been without Percocet for a few days now, but I probably stopped it a bit early.  I feel lots of muscle pain in my upper chest and am taking the muscle relaxant to try to get that muscle to be happier now that it's stretched out with the expander behind it.  I'm still on antibiotics to avoid infection in the single drain that has not been removed yet.  It's draining 38 cc daily for two days and it has to be under 30 for two days.  I'm also taking Aleve.  For someone who took very few meds, I'm not liking this medicine management thing.  I can't wait to go back to telling the nurses that I'm taking absolutely nothing. 

Today was my first day at home by myself and I was a complete sloth.  Well, other than actually washing my own hair for the first time since surgery.  Other than reaching that milestone, I caught up on my work emails and watched a movie (Martian Child) that Maggie lent me.  It was a nice day to have some quiet time.  I rarely get time home alone and it was nice to just do whatever I wanted. 

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon so I won't have any time alone.  It will be another milestone, I think.  I expect to have the first fill then. Since my pecs are already incredibly sore, I'm worried it will hurt quite a bit.  I may need to start taking Percocet again.  I'll take my new book to the doctor's office.  The Mystery Book Club at work got me the next Sue Grafton book in her alphabet series (I'm on U).  A smalll group of us meet roughly monthly to read and discuss books in the mystery genre.  I'll miss the Dec meeting, but will read the book anyway - after I read the Grafton book.  Holly and Homocide is the book selection for December.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some relax/quiet time today Kelly, you deserve it. I also know how you don't like meds....but with all that you have been through, there is a balance there that you will find so that the meds are useful in achieving your own goals. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete