Friday, December 4, 2009

Need the meds

So today I was almost an hour late taking my noon medications and I was feeling pretty well anyway.  So I thought I'd skip the Percocet and take Tylenol instead.  Big mistake.  I lost the next 6 hours. 

My chest got heavy and I slumped even more than I already do (my posture has gotten terrible).  I started moving much more gingerly and breathing much more shallow. 

We went out to do an errand and I couldn't wait to get back.  I took a short nap then but got up when Eunice came to deliver some very yummy food for the weekend (made by Gail and Katie P).  I then went back to bed and slept until 7pm when I could take Percocet again.

Now I'm in a much better mood and moving more like myself too.  Crazy. I guess I'm not ready to drop the meds.  Too bad.  I really need to kick the need for the Percocet so I can start driving and taking some of the burden off Ken as we get back into the crazy schedule we have with getting kids to events and me to doctor appointments.

Well, it was a good try.  Maybe I'll try again next week. 

1 comment:

  1. My posture is shot too. I'm trying very hard to stand straight, but it's hard when it feels like they put your boob skin on too tight. today was my first day w/no meds (no advil, tylenol, percocet,etc.) yippee!! It took me a while! and I might not be done yet either.

    ReplyDelete