Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fill 'er up! and wireless bras

Well, my life is getting back to being almost as busy as before.  I did officiate the swim meet two days this weekend and attended Val's 6th grade band concert last night.  Today I did some last-minute shopping, got a much needed hair cut and took the kids to swim practice.  Ken's parents got here yesterday and his sister and her family are coming tomorrow.  We'll have a great Christmas with them and then we'll leave for Nebraska.  When we return, I'll go back to work full-time and we'll start our hectic lives once again.  As much as I looked forward to some alone time, I know it will be good to get back to our routine.

Tomorrow, I get another "fill" in the expanders to strech my chest skin enough to accept the implants.  I don't know how far to expand them because the saline seems to be filling out kind of flat, like cow patties. Sorry, Nebraska analogy.  Since I've been in Ohio since 1988, I should probably say something like "they are filling out flat, kind of like a beret."  Wait, I've never been to France and know nothing of head fashions.  So I'm at a loss.  So much for this simile.

While I was shopping, I finally found some bras without wires in them.  When the surgeon required no wireless bras, I knew I'd have to buy new ones since all I have is underwires.  Evidently that's all anyone has these days because the stores sell little else.  I found one at Target, but it was a nursing bra.  After the long search, I figured I should buy it.  Then I found several better ones in Kohls but I refused to stand in line for 45 minutes to pay for them, so I left.  I'll try to pick them up tomorrow and hope for less of a line.  Besides, if we go after the fill, I can actually try them on. 

So my question is "why can't they make pretty bras with no wires?"  What's up with that?  The only advantage to these new appendages is that they don't need any support.  I just need a bra to hide the scars, really.  Otherwise the primary purpose of a bra is completly unnecessary for me.  Speaking of bras, I've realized my sports bras don't squish me now.  I'm not sure that is a good thing for running.  The squishing was comforting and solid.  I have no idea how it will be with real implants.  I don't much like it with the expanders, I can tell you that. Beth has a funny post on running with expanders that is so completely right-on with how I experience these awkward things.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas with family and wish you all very happy holidays and a new year full of love, success, and fulfillment.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kel! Try Victoria's Secret for pretty wireless bras. They have a good selection online to give you an idea and they are from the major lines, so they should carry them in the stores, too.

    Have a very merry Christmas! Tell Ken I said hello! Oh, and Taylor LOVES the coat from Val!

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this on your other post, but not sure if it showed up. I am wearing tank tops with shelf bras built in. Very comfortable and hides enough. Got a bunch at old navy online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also found lots of pretty wireless bras at the Hanes store at Jeffersonville. I can get away with the shelf bra tanks too. They are quite nice.

    Merry Christmas Kelly! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'll try these ideas too. I suppose I should wait until after my second surgery so I buy things that will fit in the longer-term. However, I'm really wanting to feel "normal" now. I did get 2 bras at Kohls so I'll give them a try for the short-term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly,

    Just wanted to jump on the band wagon and recommend some bras, but got punched when I was looking and said to the lady next to me....well, I don't know what size, what size are you? Those underwear departments are dangerous! Have a great holiday. (is Ken laughing or sharpening his saber??)

    ReplyDelete