Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Still expanding

I went to the plastic surgeon's office for my second fill today.  I was nervous about it because I think the first time they just filled up the cavity that was already there so very little expansion was going on.  So I took a Percocet and a muscle relaxant and they put in 80cc for each.  Now it's tight and expanding.  Other than being a little sore, it's not too bad yet.

My next expander fill is Wednesday, Dec 23.  I'm not sure how many more I'll have after that.  I guess it depends on how much I can get in that day.  Maybe I'll be able to do two or three fills in January and then wait a few months before my next surgery when they put in the implants.

Some good news - the fluid that was building up under my left arm is shrinking.  The nurse looked at it today and wasn't too worried about it.  After this fill, it does seem less swollen and watery there.  I'll keep a close eye on it the rest of the week and we'll see the surgeon if it gets worse.  I haven't been walking as often right now since I learned that exercise can make the fluid build up worse under my arm.  However, if the worst of the fluid build up is behind me now, I will start walking again soon.

I'm suprised that my arms are recovering at a vastly different rate.  My right arm is doing pretty well already.  I can't swing it in circles yet but I can almost put it straight above my head.  My left arm isn't even remotely that agile.  Anything over about 45 degrees feels tight and dangerous, like I might tear something important.

I've been able to keep up with daily work emails and am scheduling meetings for early January so I plan to be back in the office January 4, 2010.  I may have to take a day off here and there for fills, but other than that, I hope I can be back to a normal schedule.  I need to check in at work to see what they need from me for returning.  I had to do FMLA, so I may need a work release form from my plastic surgeon.

That's all for today, I guess.  Oh, wait, I forgot to mention that tonight we have Indian food.  Joseph made some very yummy smelling Indian cuisine that we are warming up for dinner tonight.  I can't wait!  What a treat!

1 comment:

  1. When Joseph volunteered to make "Indian Food" I asked him to give me a taste of everything. He did and it was SO good. I almost volunteered to Ken that if you all didn't like it he should bring the leftovers to me.

    I'm behind on your blog, so I'm catching up. I hope you're doing well...and that Santa is good to you.

    ReplyDelete