Monday, December 7, 2009

Two down, one to go

I got two drains out today, so the right side is drain-free!  What a difference that makes in pain, mobility, and attitude!  I'm not sure when the last drain will come out.  It could be as long as sometime next week.

When we got home, I immediately went out and walked 3 miles.  I felt like I could stand up straighter and move more freely.  It was wonderful to be out.

I spent the rest of the day clearing my work emails, reading a book, and helping with the kids.  I even drove the van home since the car was ready to pick up from the mechanic.  With all the hubbub, I forgot to take my afternoon pills.  I'm now 4 hours past pill time and counting.  I suppose I should take an antibiotic, but I think I'll skip the pain pills. 

Last night I was describing some swelling and mobility problems with Ken and he suggested the problem might be corrected with a muscle relaxant.  I think he was right.  I took one before going to bed and today I had more mobility and felt less swollen.   I think I'll try that again tonight.  I'm not wild about taking them during the day, though.  They make me dizzy and tired. 

Val is due home from church school any minute and we're going to have some of Mona's meatloaf.  Ken and Jason will have some later when they get home from basketball. We've already sampled some of the cookies.  They are wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the drain removal! You're doing great with the walking too. Tomorrow is the first day I will attempt walking for exercise. Jury is still out on whether I can run with these damn expanders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about the drains....you have remarked a lot about how uncomfortable they have been. Walking is very cool....amazing that you are doing so much, but listen to your body too. Glad the muscle relaxers worked out so well...good collaboration with Ken....

    ReplyDelete