Friday, December 25, 2009

Ran without pain! - Oh, and Merry Christmas!

I ran an entire mile today with no chest pain at all.  I had no "wind" because my endurance is so terrible, but my expanders must now fill the cavity completely so they don't move around when I run.  I didn't have to do anything unnatural with my stride or arms or anything.  I just went out and ran as awkwardly as always, well, a bit more so since I'm so incredibly out of shape.

First, I ran a mile (I know, that's terrible with no warm up) and then I walked/ran another 2.5.  My Garmin reports 11:15, 16:49, and 12:24 for the 3 miles.  I finished up walking a half mile in 9:55. 

What a great way to celebrate Christmas!  I know, that's terrible.  I led this post with the running celebration instead of celebrating Christmas.  I was just so surprised that I could run . . . it really shocked me.  No pain. 

We did have a wonderful Christmas celebration at our place these past few days.  We celebrated with Ken's parents and his sister and her family.  Santa even graced our home sometime in the night and left the little ones (5 kids with mine being the oldest at 8 and 11) some wonderful presents. 

Merry Christmas everyone!  Now we're packing to get ready to travel to Nebraska.  I may be silent for a while on the blog because we'll be traveling and visiting with lots of my Nebraska friends and relatives.  I'll try to send an update at some point this upcoming week, though.  If I don't, have a wonderful New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment