Saturday, July 24, 2010

Swim banquet

Incredibly busy day today and up late tonight packing for a weekend trip.  Worked all day and then straight to an all-evening swim team banquet.  Val got all kinds of awards tonight including Most Valuable Swimmer for her age group for the season, Swimmer of the Meet for the Championship meet, and recognition for being on the team for 5 years.  Both of the kids got their trophies and medals from champs and had lots of fun with their friends.  The food was great too.

Day 56 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: incredible egg and spicy sausage dish at EggFast (breakfast meeting for work)
Lunch: I skipped lunch because of a large, late breakfast
Dinner: pulled pork with no bbq sauce, two different yummy salads, and 2 full sugar desserts that are definitely not on the diet!

I came home after the banquet and mowed the lawn (half of it basically in the dark - that was a challenge).  My hand swelled a bit after mowing the lawn.  I have no idea why it decided to do that.  It hasn't swollen since I was in Nebraska.

I haven't been getting to exercise much lately and I don't foresee opportunities in my immediate future.  Although I'm bringing my running stuff on our weekend trip, I doubt I'll get the chance to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment