Saturday, July 17, 2010

Date night

It was hot today.  I overheated while trying to run, so I think I walked more than I actually ran today.  I put in the 5K at 38:40 and the miles were 11:49, 12:40, and 12:59.  My pace was all over the place - as low as sub-8:00 and a as high as 20:00.  When I ran, I was probably in the high 9's pace most of the time.  Toward the end I was only running in the sun and then walking slowly in the longer shaded areas. 

Day 50 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: tablepoon of natural peanut butter and a full glass of skim milk
Lunch: 4 pieces of cold corned beef (made in the crock pot yesterday)
Snack: a piece of string cheese and a baby cucumber
Dinner: Ken and I went out to eat with Becky and David tonight.  We were at Shane's Rib Shack and the salads didn't look good, so I got the half rack of ribs. Since I have about a half-rack, I figured that made sense.  I know . . . boooooo.  Anyway, I had that and a teeny tiny salad and green beans.
Snack:  Afterward, Ken and I went to Claddagh Irish pub and I ate some corned beef & cabbage rolls inerts (not the fried outsides) and had 2 martinis. 
Drinks: the martinis, iced tea, water, and powerade zero
Both kids are at sleep overs tonight, so it was a date night for us.  Very fun to hang out with our friends and then get some time on our own.    

No comments:

Post a Comment