Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gym workout today

Today was a great "Kelly" day.  I worked most of the day, but took off a little early and went to the gym for almost 2 hours.  I warmed up on the bike for 15 minutes (a little over 3 miles) and then did weights for an hour.  I wrapped it all up with about 25 minutes of stretching. 

The weights went a little better today.  I used 10's for the benching (20 lbs instead of 15) and did sets of 15 instead of 10.  I'm not sure how many I got in, maybe 5 or 6 during the hour.  I also did lots of curls, military presses, tricep curls, leg presses, and worked my back, lats, and abs, too.  Since I used more weight today (still WELL under what I used to use though), I expect to be more sore than after my first attempt last week. 

After the workout, I took a book and went out for a very relaxing and wonderful dinner.  Lastly, I attended Steve's father's calling hours and met Steve's wonderful family.  Ken attended earlier during the work day with several other colleagues.  My friend and colleague, Eunce (the fast walker) was there too and I heard I just missed the VP and AVP of HR.  I was grateful that our office showed Steve appreciation and support by our presence. 

Day 53 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: hard boiled egg
Snack: 3 or 4 soy crisps
Lunch: spinach salad with cucumbers, mushrooms, roasted chicken, and hummus as dressing
Dinner: chicken caesar salad and 2 pieces of multigrain bread at La Chatelaine
Drinks: a great red wine (Malbec) with dinner and water

No comments:

Post a Comment