Thursday, July 22, 2010

Champs swim meet

I was too tired last night to post, so I'm doing it today instead. 

Yesterday was my regular day off with the kids (I take Wednesdays off in the summer, Ken takes Mondays and Fridays).  I was pretty sore from my weights workout on Tuesday so I was cautious with the run/walk yesterday morning.  I walked a mile and then ran two.  My miles were 15:59, 10:54, and 10:44.  The 5K was 38:55, I think.  I stopped off-the-clock for a couple of minutes between each mile to stretch my very tight lower back, in a successful attempt to keep it from cramping.

My progress on losing weight has stalled.  I have been eating more carbs lately, but not "bad" carbs and nothing crazy like sweets. I'm okay with this plateau, though.  I'm holding steady at 10 pounds below where I was 3 days after surgery.  I'm also down a size.  Today will be a tough day for the diet since I'll be at the kids' summer championship swim meet from 7am to 8pm or so.

Day 54 of South Beach Diet (yesterday)
Breakfast: hard boiled egg
Snack after run: Atkins energy bar
Lunch: salad with chicken, black beans, guacamole, and hot sauce from Del Mar
Snack: lots of cocoa roasted almonds (way too many) and some soy nuts
Dinner: roasted chicken and ground sirloin mixed with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and mushrooms
Drinks: Powerade Zero, water

Day 55 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: eggs cooked with mushrooms, asparagus, and cheese
At the swim meet: lots of cocoa roasted almonds, lunchables meat and a little cheese, string cheese, hard boiled egg, V8
Drinks: iced tea, Powerade Zero, G2, and water - it was HOT at the meet today; when I got home I also had more water and a huge glass of skim milk

Val and Jason both did great at the meet today.  Both scored points for their team in individual events. Jason was in the fastest heats for everything despite being only 9 in the 9/10 age group.  Both kids also improved their times by over a second in each individual event.  Val shaved 6 seconds off her IM! Val was clean-up (last swimmer) on the 11/12 girl "A" (fastest) relays and they won both of them.  For the medley relay, she chased down and beat the team that was ahead of them.  It was very exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Just a few more days and my blog probation is up : - ). Reading though.

    ReplyDelete