Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to the rat race

No exercise again today.  Thunderstorms before work.  Then I worked all day (ate lunch at my desk) and went straight to a swim meet after work.  We got home at 10:40pm.  Now it's dark and wet outside.  And I'm tired.

I only had to officiate about half of the swim meet tonight because there were plenty of officials (an unusual situation).  I was bored because I didn't bring my book (rain issues) and my kids only swam two events (the maximum allowed because we are a large team).  All relays were cancelled due to an hour thunder delay. At least 3 times tonight, I was seconds away from eating anti-diet food from the concession stand or the kids' snack bags.  Boredom and accessible junk food are a dangerous combination.

Day 45 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: turkey lunch meat
Lunch: spinach salad with roasted chicken on top; spicy hummus for dressing
Snack: soy nuts and string cheese
Dinner: pulled chicken with no bun at the swim meet (no pizza, brownies, chips, candy, or other bad stuff that was calling to me)
Drinks: water, mint hot tea (2 mugs), and a Diet Coke

It was a busy day at work and it looks like it will be challenging all this week and next. So I started to write about all I had to do and how my back-to-back meetings made it tough to get work done.  But then I thought, "hey, that's pretty normal for me" and I know that I always find a way to get the most important work done.  If I whine about it, those of you who don't know me at work will think I'm in over my head.  I'm not. I'm just sulking about being back from vacation. 

So things are very busy at work right now.  However, the kids' softball and baseball seasons have ended and we have much more evening time free.  Whew!  That's a relief!  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights look pretty good this week. 

If the weather holds out, I'm joining Ken in playing on our co-rec softball team on Friday night.  I thought I was out for the season due to surgery, but we had several rain-outs and the season is extended a bit.  Since I'm cleared to start sports again and Matt (our coach/manager) says they need me this week, I guess I'm back.  I assume I'll be playing second base as usual.  How ironic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment