Sunday, July 18, 2010

Great weekend, though not diet friendly

Not a great day for the weight loss/exercise quest.  I've been starving all day, so eating lots.  I didn't get out to exercise in the morning, so I figured I'd go out after the heat of the day, but it's been a significant thunderstorm since we got home at 6:30.

Oh well, it's been a good weekend anyway.  We had lots of "down time" and we got quite a bit done too.  I finished my book.  We went shopping and did some house work, too.  Although we still have a long way to go to get this house clean.  I've decided it will never happen.

Day 51 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: V8
Lunch: eggs cooked with mushrooms, asparagus, and cheese
Snack: Atkins energy bar and a million cocoa roasted almonds
Dinner: a small spinach salad with lots of cucumbers, a few mushrooms, roasted chicken, and hummus as dressing
Snack: a million more cocoa roasted almonds
Drinks: 2 Sprite Zero, water, and Powerade Zero mixed half and half with water

As I write this at 10pm, I'm still hungry and want something else.  Pizza maybe.  No, I won't eat pizza. 

My left index and middle fingers are swollen today.  I need to make an appointment with my lymphedema physical therapist right away.  Although I'm not sure she can do much to help.  It seems to be something that no one can do anything about.  She'll do the massage thing and try to drain it, but it's not like the results are dramatic or obvious or anything.  She may also measure me to order a personalized glove.  But do I really want to be measured with the swelling up like this?  I don't think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment