Sunday, July 25, 2010

No diet this weekend

It's getting more difficult to keep on the diet lately. I'm not sure if that's because I'm sick of the foods I can eat or because I stalled and wasn't losing anymore weight anyway.

Yesterday I was totally off the diet since I ate an oatmeal raisin cookie, two rye rolls, a hotdog in a white bun, a smore, a beer, and two little bags of chips. I also ate some pro-diet food, but it was all cancelled out by the bad stuff.

We're at a camp site with Ken's sister and cousin Dave and their families. Today I'm not even trying to do South Beach. I'm also not getting in any exercise. That's ok, though. It's a nice break.

Yesterday at Ken's aunt/uncle's 50th anniversary party, I talked with a family friend who had a single mastectomy a couple of years ago. She wanted to know about reconstruction so we had quite a good chat about it. She might go with the option that uses belly or back tissue instead of implants. She's not sure though. She is from Canada, so we had some interesting discussions on health systems, too. I have great OSU insurance but she still paid a lot less for her doc visits and surgery than we did.

My parents and grandmother are arriving today and might be at our house before we make it back. It will be great to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment