Saturday, July 10, 2010

Off to Omaha

We headed back to Omaha today to stay the night.  Our plane leaves in the morning and then vacation will be over.  Boo hoo.  Bummer.  Oh well, it has been a wonderful time.

This morning I did the 3 minutes run /1 minute walk method again for a 5K.  It was a struggle and both my wind and my legs were tired.  Before I went out, my ankle was acting up, but while running/walking it didn't hurt at all.  I did the 5K in 35:22.  The miles were 11:04, 11:29, and 11:55.  Evidently, I'm going out too fast or going too far, or both, because I'm wearing out significantly at about half way.

Day 43 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: V8 (5.5 oz)
Snack: almonds and peanuts
Lunch: spinach salad with chicken and guacamole
Snack: healthy smoothie from Holcomb's Pharmacy - skim milk, double whey protein, ice, and sugar-free chocolate syrup
Dinner: chicken tortilla soup (no chips) and a trip to the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays
Drinks: water, iced tea, Sprite Zero, and an apple martini with a slice of green apple - YUM!

After dinner, Mom and I went for about a mile walk on a paved path behind the hotel.  It was a beautiful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment