Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ran 2.5 and walked 2.7

Today was another really busy day at work but I had a few hours at the end of the day and stayed a little later than usual so I was able to get lots of work done.  I also organized even more work to complete tomorrow.  I'm feeling much better about that. 

I also got some exercise today.  It was tough to force myself out there, but I had the perfect time and excuse to do it because Val had evening swim practice from 7:30-9pm.  So I took her there, parked at the pool, and headed out for my run.

I felt very slow and sluggish and I really wanted to walk instead of run, but I decided to run.  The Garmin is set to calculate full miles, so it's an incentive to start off doing whatever I'm planning and to keep it up for at least the first mile.  So I ran.  Slowly.  I was over a 12 minute pace initially, but I picked it up and felt pretty good when I hit the mile mark in 11:11.  The second mile was a little tougher and I knew my endurance was mostly spent.  I ran 2.5 miles but then I had to stop.  I thought about toughing it out and finishing the 5K running, but my lower back was cramped on both sides and I had a sore shin/ankle area starting to act up.  I decided the .6 miles wasn't worth getting injured so I stopped to stretch (off the clock for a few minutes) and then walked the rest of the time that Val was at practice.

Overall, I ran and walked 5.3 miles today in 1:13:53.  My miles were 11:11, 11:22, 11:52, 16:30, and 17:13.  My 5K was 35:35.

Day 46 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: a 5.5 oz V8 and a few bites of left over roasted chicken
Lunch: spinach salad with cucumbers and roasted chicken; spicy hummus for dressing (I was REALLY good at lunch because we had a lunch meeting with free Adriaticos pizza and salad, but I didn't partake.  I brought my own lunch from home and ate it and nothing else. Now I know I'm committed - or just crazy.)
Snack: string cheese
Dinner: hamburger without the bun, melted shredded cheese, black bean salsa
Drinks: 2 mugs of iced tea with splenda, a can of Diet Coke, and water; I didn't have enough water at work though, most of it was while running and afterward

No comments:

Post a Comment