Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Mindy, so sorry to disappoint . . . . I didn't wear the Diva dress to the reunion.  I did wear a different sleeveless dress though.  It wasn't as low cut as the Diva option. 

The countdown to my official "ok to run" date is flying along now.  It's July 4th - Happy Independence Day, USA.  On July 6, I'm supposed to be able to run.  Of course, I've been doing some light run/walking occasionally in the last couple of weeks.

I've been listening to the Extra Mile Experiment which is delving into the John Galloway run-walk-run method for training for a marathon.  I don't know that I'm planning to ever run a marathon.  Maybe someday.  Not this fall.  But I may start considering the run-walk-run method to get back into shape and then increase distance.  However, I'm worried that I'll get back in the craziness of life and not be able to exercise almost daily.  I really think it makes a difference to be more consistent though.  I think it's better for me to walk daily than to run 3 days a week.

I did an unstructured walk-run today for a 5K at 43:20.  I walked more than I ran and my miles were 14:42, 13:32, and 14:00.  It was a great day to be out with the temperature in the 70s F, a light wind, and mostly cloudy.

Yesterday and today were not great diet days.  Yesterday I probably ate twice as much as I needed to eat for breakfast and dinner.  I also had some sweet alcoholic drinks.  Today was not much better with more of the incredible taco food and a potluck party in the evening.

Day 37 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: I didn't get up early enough for breakfast today.  By the time I was showered and around, it was time to fix lunch. 
Lunch: left over taco food from last night; I had a plate of fat free refried beans, lettuce, black beans, guacamole, cheese, and chicken
Snack: an avocado
Dinner: We attended a house-warming potluck party for a family friend, so it was hit or miss for the diet. I didn't eat anything blatantly sabotaging like dessert or bread, but I had a spoonful of german potato salad and some baked beans made by soaking beans, etc.  Neither of those items was okay on the diet, but had to try them anyway because of who made them and how they were made.  I also had a little pork, a hamburger with no bun, two dill pickles, some coleslaw, and two deviled eggs.
Drinks: water, iced tea and 2 amaretto/Sprite Zero drinks

The fireworks were great tonight.  We watched them from the deck at the new house and it was the perfect location.  We also stayed afterward and watched the fireworks set off in the street by the teens who attended the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment