Friday, July 16, 2010

No softball, just practice

We didn't have a softball game tonight because the other team didn't have enough women and forfeited.  Bummer.  I guess the other women were afraid of me coming back.  Ha.  Not possible.

Although we didn't have a game, we stayed and practiced a little.  I didn't have any trouble swinging the bat and had many good hits in batting practice.  My throwing is pitiful, however.  I can't throw half as far as I used to throw.  It's depressing.  I'm also more afraid of the ball.  What's that about?

Day 49 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: two eggs over medium and a V8
Lunch: spinach salad with cucumbers, mushrooms, and roasted chicken; spicy hummus for dressing; I also had a serving or two of some soy sweet snacks, they aren't actually on the diet, but they weren't too bad off-track
Dinner: Well, I didn't really have dinner in the traditional sense; I ate junk all night.  Before softball I had 2 teaspoonfuls of natural peanut butter, a teaspoon of fat free refried beans, and a teaspoon of ground sirloin.  After we got home and I mowed the lawn, I had salmon mixed with lowfat cheese, a handful of nuts, and two healthy choice fudge bars.

I know I eat much worse when I don't have a sit-down, sensible meal.  Today I didn't eat too far off the diet, but I ate too much of the "borderline" foods and just too much food altogether.  Not a great diet day.

Two colleagues and friends of mine had major losses this week.  Steve's father passed away today and Brent's step father-in-law died earlier this week.  My heart goes out to them both.  I'll be at the funeral tomorrow in support of Brent , Sheryl, and their family.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you don't feel like you are exactly where you want to be right now -- or where, without all the cancer issues this past year, you would already be. However, take some time to look around at all of the mid-40's women in Columbus/Mid-west/America. You look absolutely amazing compared to at least 3/4 of them. (And frankly, some of the remaining 1/4 scare the heck out of me!) I am so proud of you -- and I hope that you are proud of yourself as well for being such an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim made comments while I was writing the blog and so they made no sense once the final editing was done. Sorry, Jim! I removed your comments because they no longer made sense, but I didn't know they would still show up as "this post has been removed by a blog administrator." Please, please, please don't take this as a request not to post. I love blog comments. And yours always make me smile. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeeAnn, you are so great. Thanks for the message. Yes, I do have a tendancy to only see where I want to be and to forget about the progress I've made thusfar. Thank you for reminding me to stop and be grateful. Since we've got the love-fest goin', I'll just say that you're certainly in that 1/4 of fabulous 40-somethings. I guess we both should be feeling pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - Thank you so, so much for coming today. It was a really tough day for everyone, but your presence was so nice to have, especially for Brent. Thanks for your support and friendship.

    ReplyDelete