Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ran most of 2 miles

I ran and walked today.  I did 3.7 miles in 49:57.  The miles were 17:45, 10:11, and 11:13.  I walked to the high school track and then ran 1.5 miles.  During the last .5 mile, I took 2 walk breaks for a minute each.  Then I walked back to my parents' house. 

If you are thinking that I'm doing Galloway's run-walk-run method because I walked during the run . . . then I know you didn't follow the links and read much about the method.  Just adding walking during the run doesn't qualaify as following the Galloway method.  I haven't done enough research to fully understand the method but I think it requires timed miles and probably other assessments before determining the walk/run ratio.  Waiting until I'm tired before I walk is NOT part of the method. As a matter of fact, if I actually follow it, I should never get too tired to run anymore during any planned training run.

Steverunner is giving this method a try and he is running 4 minutes and walking 1, so his ratio is 4/1.  I assume mine is 3/1 or maybe less at this point.  I need to get the book Training Programs to learn the method and figure out my own plan.  I might also do some research on Galloway's web site to figure out what I can learn. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a training group in Columbus.  The nearest is Cincinnati, but I'm not driving 90 minutes to run.

Day 40 of the South Beach Diet
Breakfast: about 4 bites of Jason's left over meat-lovers omelet
Lunch: cheeseburger with no bun, romaine and spinach salad with a little blue cheese dressing, and some dip of cheese, no-fat refried beans, and salsa (I put it on the burger)
Dinner: Ken and I drove to Grand Island to eat at Uncle Ed's Steakhouse.  I had a small rib eye, veggies, salad with blue cheese dressing, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with raspberry and chocolate sauce.
Drinks: G2 mixed with water, Sprite Zero, and water

No comments:

Post a Comment