Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Val earned awards

Valerie got 3 awards at her school's ceremony today: 
  • Character Award for Trustworthiness
  • "A" Honor Roll
  • President's Education Award which included a congratulatory and inspirational letter from Obama
We are so proud of her!

Jason also did very well all year, too.  Although we haven't gotten his final report card, he had straight As the first three quarters and he got really great scores on the standard tests.  He had a fabulous teacher this year and is probably the only kid in the county who is sad that tomorrow is the last day of school.

I had a busy morning at work and then worked from home after Val's award ceremony.  I also got a walk in, but didn't have the Garmin.  I walked 50 minutes and I assume it was about 3 miles.  I didn't crank up the speed as I have been lately, as I'm a little sore and tired.

Day 10 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: South Beach book recipe for small spinach quiches - I had 2
Lunch: chicken lunch meat, small cucumber, string cheese, and a square of cheddar
Snack: soy nuts
Dinner:  mixed greens salad with cucumbers, left over roast beef, and a tablespoon of picante sauce mixed with sour cream for dressing
Drink: water all day

I'm getting prepared for a meeting in Chicago on Thurs and Friday this week.  I'll stay over Thursday night but come back after the meeting ends on Friday.  There is a lot of preparation to be done, but it will be great to meet HRIS Directors from other institutions such as U of Michigan and Illinois.  I'm also looking forward to spending some time with some colleagues whom I like very much, Tom and Lori, both of whom are also runners and fun people.

1 comment:

  1. You and Ken have great kids and should be very proud of them and your abilities as parents. Enjoy the conference, I am sure you will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete