Thursday, June 17, 2010

A regular day

I used my time wisely today.  I had a meeting in the middle of campus at 9am and then another one at 11:30 in the area.  So I brought my tennis shoes and walked during the hour between meetings.  I walked outside while seeking shade as much as possible as I caught up on emails on my Blackberry.  I obviously didn't do the fast-walk thing, but I checked my heart rate and it was in the 120 range, so it was probably beneficial.  I know the calorie burn was helpful considering the alternative would have been sitting in comfy chairs in the brand new, beautiful Union building instead of walking.  If I had to guess, I probably walked between 2.5-3 miles in that hour. 

Day 20 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: hard boiled egg
Lunch: make your own salad at the new Ohio Union marketplace - I have no idea what all I put on it, I know I had spring mix and romaine with egg, chicken, black olives, edamame, parmesan cheese, and guacamole. No dressing.
Snack: V8 (5.5oz), half an avocado
Dinner at the baseball game: I took some food for Ken and I, but I just ate most of a chicken sausage

My hand is doing well.  I wore finger sleeves on two fingers today but then took them off before going to the ball games (Val's then Jason's - back to back) and forgot to put them back on.  It's probably a little swollen tonight, but not bad.  Maybe I'll wear the glove tomorrow.  Although I'm supposed to be wrapping it at night, I don't see the purpose.  It just loosens during the night and seems useless.  I think the glove is more effective because at least it stays on.

No comments:

Post a Comment