Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vacation clothes

Another busy day trying to clear out work and get ready for vacation. 

I walked a 5K this morning in 47:00.  The miles were 16:01, 15:31, and 14:13.  I ran about 200 yards a couple of times into the run because my pace was slow and I needed to get back home to get ready for work.  For some reason, I just couldn't get the fast walking thing going this morning.  And I gained 3 pounds in 2 days over the weekend - without cheating on the diet at all or overeating.  Ken says it's just cycle issues and he's probably right - retaining water and all.  But it is incredibly depressing and demotivating.

On a postive note, I was able to find 9 different outfits in my closet that actually fit to take to Nebraska (plus running clothes).  I also picked up a casual summer dress for the reunion.  It's not as deep-cut as the Diva one I wore on Saturday, but Mindy, I promise you that it still shows shoulder.

Day 31 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: mini spinach quiches (2)
Lunch: chicken salad over lettuce
Snack: a few cocoa roasted almonds
Dinner: blue cheese burger with no bun and romain/cucumber salad with soy nuts and less than a tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing (I needed the dressing tonight)
Drink: water all day

No comments:

Post a Comment