Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lymphedema massage appointment

I walked between raindrops today.  Well, and ran a little through them.

After Jason's baseball game, I came home while the others went out for ice cream.  I figured I'd better get out and walk because it had been threatening rain and it was supposed to rain a lot today.  So I headed out but was tired of my usual route, so I walked toward the library.  After about a mile, it started to rain on me, so I picked up the pace.  The rain must have noticed and so it picked up it's pace.  I gave up and ran the last quarter mile to the library.

I called Ken and they had just gotten home, so he came with the kids to the library and brought my card with him.  I checked out two books and we put two on order for Val.  While we were in there, it poured.  When we left, it was only threatening rain again.  Oh joy!  So I walked back home and around a few extra blocks to get in the 3.11 miles.

The only continuous miles my Garmin tracked were 16:36 and 16:42. Since I had to stop it at about 1.25 miles, it called that .25 a lap and started over with the second mile.  So the third mile was short.  Oh well.  The 5K was 50:02.

I also did about 40 minutes of yoga today.

Day 8 of South Beach Diet
Breakfast: Hard boiled egg
Lunch: chicken breast on spring mix and cucumbers with hummus for dressing
Snack: String cheese
Dinner: Jason had a team dinner at BW3s which was brutal.  No beer or wine.  No nachos or fries.  I had a burger with no bun, a little blue cheese dressing, and a side salad with no dressing. 
Snack: Both Ken and I were unsatisfied with our BW3 meal, so we are about to eat diet-friendly food and watch a movie. We'll probably have shelled peanuts and soy nuts.
Drink: water all day

Despite all my exercise, eating much less, and eating only what is on the diet plan, I've lost just 3 pounds.  I notice my pants fit better though, so I'm sticking with it.

Today I called the Lymphedema-certified massage therapist that my swim friend recommended.  She called me back and we talked a bit and it was great.  She said the PT I'm seeing is very well respected, actually she suggested that I see her and then I told her that was who I did see.  That's great news.  I'm scheduled to see the massage therapist a week from today. 

I wrapped my own hand last night and it stayed put all night.  So I left it on this morning, at Jason's game, and through my walk and yoga.  Then I took it off for the shower and put on a smaller compression thing.  I wrapped it again tonight. 

My had is still doing the swelling act.  I wish we could cancel that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment