Sunday, June 13, 2010

Going mobile

It was hot again today. Not as humid as yesterday, but hot and sunny.  I waited until evening to walk, and even then I had to wrestle myself out there.  Now that's an image, isn't it?

So I thought I'd have a light day.  I did a 5K.  Isn't it interesting that now a 5K is a light day?  That's what they call progress, I guess.  Anyway, the 5K was 49:00 and the miles were 16:01, 15:45, and 15:37.

Day 15 of the South Beach Diet
Breakfast: one egg over medium and 2 slices of precooked bacon (I think it's less fatty and greasy than the cook-it-yourself stuff and I actually like it better)
Lunch: lettuce salad with grilled chicken and hummus for dressing
Snack: avocado, a small sugar free jello cup, and a handful of cocoa roasted almonds (YUM! - find them at Sam's Club)
Dinner: tuna with a little miracle whip eaten with cheese squares
Drink: water to drink throughout the day
Dessert: Healthy Choice sugar free fudge bar

Last night and today I took a stab at getting connected with the mobile world:
  • I signed up for twitter again.  Be the first to follow me (kellyinmotion)!  So far, I'm following Steverunner, Geek Girl Runner, John Ellis, and a couple of HR technology gurus.
  • I downloaded some apps on my blackberry - facebook, twitter, a weather app (for Ken), and an app with local find to locate restaurants, gas stations, etc. that are close to where ever I am or soon will be.
  • I researched options for updating my blog from my blackberry.  There are no apps for that yet and the options aren't great.  I set it up to do it if I have no other option, but it's probably easier to find a PC and update the blog. 
  • I haven't researched the running apps yet.  I also updated the look of my blog because Google had a new designer tool. 
I should have done all this mobile connecting at the beginning of baseball/softball season, since there is a lot of downtime at those games, but hey, better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment