Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Updates + Happy Birthdays

I didn't do much physical activity today but I had a great day at a culture retreat at work.  I get inspired by these events when we can take some time out from the day-to-day work to connect with our colleagues and reflect on our strengths and challenges.  The second (and last) day of the retreat is tomorrow so I don't know if I'll get a run in tomorrow either - probably not.  The retreat starts early in the morning and we have parent/teacher conferences after work.

Ken and I will have to leave the retreat early tomorrow because we have an appointment with the plastic surgeon in the mid-afternoon.  It's just a consultation, but I'm looking forward to learning about the options and I have lots of questions since many survivors have now shared their experiences with me. 

Today I got an MRI scheduled for Monday, Oct 19.  If I understood correctly, I won't get the results of the MRI until Friday of that week.  Bummer.  That means I won't have the MRI to share at the second opinion clinic with Riverside. 

Ken's parents are here and are being incredibly helpful during these days when the kids are out of school and Ken and I have the two-day-long retreat.  They also made dinner tonight, cleaned, brought sweet goodies, and gave the kids lots of attention.  It has been wonderful!  Thank you, Jan and Jim!!!

And lastly, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY goes out to two blog followers: Dan and Jim.  I know Dan was in the retreat all day and Jim was crazy busy at work, but I hope you both took some time to do something you love to do.  Celebrate life!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birthday note Kelly. Ran at lunch with friends and had a chili cheese burger at night, but mostly this birthday I am hoping for your health, happiness, and that of your family. Lots of consultations coming up with Ken and family standing by for support....good luck. How about challenging the MRI people to get their work done in time for your second opinion clinic....let them know you have a "business problem that needs solving for a special customer". If that doesn't work, remind them that Ken owns swords : - ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have to tell runswim2 we love his comments. He started my day with a laugh.

    What a great guy.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday mention! I did have fun with some friends the night of and a great birthday dinner with family the night before.
    I am getting a GPS watch for my birthday!! I am sooooo excited! My runs will be more motivated and there's more distraction to get me through them :).

    ReplyDelete