Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Running as Medicine

I'm feeling much better now. I talked with my friend, Jen, and she convinced me to try heading outside to feel better. So I ate a little and then went out for a run. I ran 3 miles at 11:06, 11:20, and 11:06.

I think part of my problem was that I wasn't breathing correctly all day. Stress will do that, I hear. We tend to hold our breath which is the exact opposite of what we should do to relax.

Anyway, I'm feeling better. Mom made corned beef brisket, noodles, and raw veggies for dinner.

One more story: I made the plastic surgeon laugh today by suggesting I could purposely gain weight to have more tissue (aka fat) for the reconstructive surgery option that uses a flap of skin from the stomach to make the breasts. He laughed and said he had never heard anyone consider that option. No doctor would ever suggest someone become overweight on purpose because the other health risks associated with weight gain, of course.

Well, my son is kicking me off the computer so he can do his homework. Have a great night.

4 comments:

  1. I said the SAME THING to my PS. funny. he said I'd end up losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You gotta love the idea of having a medical reason to eat everything you could possibly want. "My surgeon prescribed these Twinkies." I wonder if Hostess or Little Debbie is covered by your insurance plan!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal..... a talk with a close friend, a run, and a home cooked meal from mom. No better recipe for feeling better after a challenging day.....and coupled with getting a surgeon to laugh...sounds like the road to tension relief. You even have Lee Ann recommending you meet a little hostess named Debbie with a twinkie in her eye....: - ) Good luck sorting out the information.....trust your judgement Kelly, you will find the path that makes the most sense to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys crack me up! And Lee Ann, remember, it's ho-ho's, not twinkies! Or now that we're moms, I suppose it's bon bons (though I still haven't had one and don't know what they are). Obviously, I'm missing out on something.

    ReplyDelete