Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trick or Treat!

I didn't run today.  As predicted, I have a sore calf muscle.  Luckily, it's just the left one and I'm hoping it won't turn chronic.  I'd hate to have to stop running before November 23 when I will take a forced hiatus for a month or more. 

A couple of days ago, I sent an email to Steverunner to thank him for his podcast and for inspiring me to do this blog and to reach out to others.  I know he gets a huge volume of email, so I was suprised when he responded.  He may mention my note and blog address on a podcast episode soon, so if the # of followers spikes, you'll know why. 

Just a few updates on my quest to become cancer-free:  I picked up my "films" from the second opinion clinic today and have them at home.  The nurse practitioner in my surgeon's office is trying to get me an appointment with a medical oncologist so I can learn more about my options for treatment post-operation. That's all the news on that front.  I feel healthy and full of energy right now, so it seems strange to be able to forecast that I will not be feeling so great in less than a month.

Tonight is Beggar's Night (Trick or Treat) and so I'm about ready to order pizza and get my kids ready to wreak havoc on the neighborhood.  My oldest has a squaw costume and my youngest is some sort of ghoul.  I usually put on my graduation gown and try to look like a Hogwart's teacher if I get time to throw on my costume before kids start arriving.

We're hosting a little pizza party with our neighbors before the kids go out for Trick or Treat, so it's about to get really busy around here!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you all have fun tonight! And I'm so glad that you are getting such a huge wave of support from everyone! Been thinking about you a lot and keeping up with this blog. Your energy amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to tell Val that the most famous Halloween squaw costume was "poke-a-haunt-us". That way she can go...huh??? Have fun, nothing better than pizza and reeses peanut butter cups.....mmmmmmm. On days like this where you are surrounded by kids and good neighbors and Ken and you are feeling good...smile big, laugh loud, and be merry....I know, you are Kelly, but heck, you can be Mary for an evening : - ).

    ReplyDelete