Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moving along

Ran 2 miles again this morning: 11:21 and 11:39.  Pace was actually faster during second mile, but I stopped at about 1.5 to stretch my back and kept the time running while stretching.  Was an okay run.  Nice morning, but still dark when I came in.  It's much more fun when the sun comes up while I'm still out there.

Talked with my brother today.  At his instance, I talked with the nurse practioner about scheduling an MRI.  I should get a call from the secretary tomorrow and I'll get it scheduled.  I have no idea when they can get me in for that.  He also talked with his contacts in some excellent breast cancer treatment facilities and they suggested I call MD Anderson Cancer Center for a consultation.  He said I won't have to go to Texas for this, I'd just have to send them my information.  I'll look into it.

That's it.  Ken's parents are here to help with the kids since they are off school the next three days.  Thank goodness!  I really appreciate all the support from everyone!  Just tonight while I was watching swim practice, a good friend stopped by to see how I was doing.  We talked for about an hour. 

1 comment:

  1. Inspired me to run tonight after work, Kelly. If you can get up before the sun, raise a family, lead a team, battle cancer, and have such wonderful friends/family....I can at least get out and run. Good luck with your retreat and consultations.

    ReplyDelete