Friday, October 23, 2009

Maintenance Miles

Ran a mile and ran/walked another mile today. Today was one of those strange running days that makes little sense. I got plenty of sleep last night. My fuel should be okay, too; pasta last night and an egg and whole grain english muffin for breakfast. It wasn't a beautiful day but I have friends who would say it was perfect for running; upper 50's, overcast, spitting rain, and a little windy.

Despite good conditions, I just couldn't get into running. I ran the first mile at 10:37 and then started to run a second mile but got tired. I ended up walking some of the last half mile and completed it in 12:23. Then I hung it up, put away the trash cans so they wouldn't get more rain in them, and came inside.

Given my emotional day on Wednesday, you'd think I would have had a poor running day then and a better running day today. Strange. Oh well, I guess I'll call this a "maintenance" running day. Not that impressive, but I was out there a little. I have to think my whimpy running today will help me be able to run better on a future day, maybe Saturday or Sunday.

I listened to Steverunner again today during the run. I'm about a month behind on his podcasts, so this one was his episode on Team Sweat (teamsweat.org). I listened to half of it on Tues and half today. Steve interviewed a guy who has a campaign against Nike because of terrible labor practices in developing countries. If you're interested, check it out at http://media.libsyn.com/media/steverunner/Fdip204.mp3

1 comment:

  1. I am sure Tom will tell you that sometimes the most valuable running miles are the ones that feel the worst. They are useful in reminding your body that even in a race, when you don't feel so good, you can keep moving. And see, you are already thinking about a better run on Saturday or Sunday. So am I...probably will go for a nice slow, thinking, long run Sunday. Will send you some running vibes....Tom can interpret when you see him : - ).

    ReplyDelete