Thursday, August 12, 2010

Val made the vball team!

Val made the Jr. High volleyball team.  She had a 3 day try out camp during which the 43 hopefuls were cut back to just 12 who made the team.  We are so proud of her.  Selection criteria included volleyball skill, coachability, team spirit, and attitude.  She's got all of the above.

Now for the challenge.  Practice is 5 days a week through the season.  The season starts tomorrow.  Before school starts, practices are during the work day.  We have Monday, Wednesday, and Friday covered with our summer flex schedules.  I'm not sure what we'll do for Tuesday and Thursday. We'll have to work something out with a neighbor who made the team or with the kids' summer care provider.  After school starts, Val has practices weekdays directly after school.  Other commitments include weekday games and parent volunteering for 8th grade games (8th grade parents volunteer for the 7th grade games).    

I've had an insanely crazy work week and home week. I really need to reinstate morning workouts because running in the evening just isn't working anymore.  Tonight was a mandatory parent/kid meeting for girls who made the vball team.  Last night I was headed out to run when my boss needed something done in the evening.  Thank goodness I got out on Tuesday.  I'll try to get up early tomorrow and get out on the road.  We also have softball tomorrow evening so I'll get some exercise there, but not enough.  This weekend we are camping with Ken's parents and sister and her family.  I doubt I'll get any exercise Saturday or Sunday while we're there.

On the weight loss front, things have been going pretty well.  I ate well yesterday and today.  I had too much food tonight, but ate nothing blatantly off the South Beach guidelines.  I drank a lot of iced tea with caffeine though (I love iced tea!).  I'm trying drink more water and less diet sodas and caffeinated tea, but today was certainly not a great day for that either.

Lymphedema ratings for Wednesday and today were 2 out of 10.
The most obvious swelling place is between my knuckles on the back pad of my hand.  My fingers have been pretty under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment