Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fabulous 5K

After work today, I went to RPAC and ran on the 1/8 mile indoor track. What a great run! I did a 5K in 32:00.

It was a relaxed run, constant pace, and pretty fast for me - like a tempo run. My first mile was 10:15. I even had enough left after the 5K to run a much faster lap (8 min mile pace for 1/8 mile).

I was sooo excited to run so well. I guess the absence of heat, sun, and hills really makes a difference.

After the 5K run, I walked another mile and then stretched for about 15 minutes.  After driving for about 30 minutes to Easton, my ankle acted up a bit when I started to walk.  It worked itself out pretty quickly though.  I guess it was just a warning sign that the run today was a stretch workout even though it didn't feel like it.  I'll need some recovery time, I think.  My calves and ankles think so, anyway.

In other great news, my hand has been pretty good today, too. Actually, it is almost like pre-Lymphedema. I only used a little finger sleeve on my index finger - even while running. No heavy wrap or even a glove.  Today is more evidence to suggest the worst of the swelling is cyclical.

Ken and I went out to Bar Louis tonight for drinks and a dinner of appetizers. It was great. We even ran into an old friend and caught up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment