Saturday, January 22, 2011

9 miles today

I was actually able to run this morning.  Believe it or not, I felt more like myself and much less sick while running.  The temp was -5 degree F outside when I took Val to swim team practice, so I ran on the inside track at RPAC again.

Since this was a long run day, I put in 9 miles in 1 hour and 43 minutes.  The first 6 were pretty easy with a 3 minute run and 1 minute walk pattern.  The last 3 miles . . . well, I slowed my pace a bit and walked more, too.  My miles were 10:43, 10:45, 10:44, 10:43, 11:12, 11:20, 11:48, 11:37, and 13:56.

Looking back, I know it was crazy to run today at all.  If I was just a little crazy (hmmm, poco loco), I would have stopped at 10K (6.2 miles).  But, no, I was all-out loco.  I knew I had the time since I was waiting for Val, so I put in the whole long run, despite being sick. 

The case for my craziness is even stronger when I tell you I went straight to the urgent care afterward.  I tried to get in to see a doctor yesterday, but I couldn't find someone to take me, so I bit the bullet and went to the urgent care today.  Good thing I did.  I have a sinus infection with a throat issue that is affecting hundreds of people in the area.  It turns into bronchitis when not treated quickly enough.  My issue hasn't hit the lungs yet so I may squeak by with just a few bad sinus/throat days.  I'm on generic Biaxin now and the doc says I'll be feeling better and will be less contagious by Monday.

While running today, I listened to the episode of Slow Runner's Club that I recorded with Adam and Eddie last night.  I was hesitant to listen since I'd be on it, but it was still fun.  Check out their podcast!  I also listened to a few Steverunner intervals episodes interspersed with the song Dirty Water by the Standells (a song about Boston).  Speaking of Boston, while climbing 4 flights of stairs up to the track, a woman wearing a Boston tee-shirt was following me.  I just know Steverunner sent her to force me up those stairs faster.  Hmmmm, can you tell I'm gearing up for the Boston Poco Loco?

2 comments:

  1. Loved the podcast! I was impressed with how natural you sounded- maybe having a podcast of your own is in the future. It did crack me up to think that you run around in a circle 64 times, though! Great job, Kel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the podcast too.....you were amazing kelly. I think the guys did a great job with the show too, but you again are inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete