Friday, January 28, 2011

5 miles x3 this week

I put in a slow 5 miles in 56:38 this morning.  My miles were 11:04, 11:21, 11:02, 11:42, and 11:37.

This week is a strange training week because I can't get in a long run during the weekend due to a 3-day-long swim meet in which my kids are participating and I am officiating.  The meet is tonight, tomorrow 7am to 9pm, and Sunday 7am to 9pm.  It will be exhasting, I'm sure.  The season is coming to a close though, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

My training plan for this week was to run 5 miles three times: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I have done that, though it wasn't easy and I walk/ran each time.  I'm getting discouraged and I wonder if I need to rethink the plan or if I should just wait a bit to see if it gets more rewarding as the weeks go on.  Right now it doesn't ever seem possible that I'll be able to run the 13.1 distance by May. 

1 comment:

  1. Patience Kelly. You will make it. Its a road you have been on before and this time you have the motivation of a great bunch of guys to run with in April. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete