Monday, May 24, 2010

Ode to Expanders

What a whirlwind week!  With all the soccer, baseball, and softball games, the Race for the Cure, and getting my work life in order to be gone for 2 weeks . . . whew!  It's time for a break.  Oh.  Wait.  No time for that.  My surgery is TOMORROW.

I found a new-to-me blogger who posted about getting expanders replaced and she sounded pretty happy about the way surgery went and the result.  Beth was also positive.  And I'm thinking good thoughts. Actually, I'm probably minimizing this surgery because I've really not given it much thought at all.  I'm officially off work for two weeks, but I expect to be working from home the second week.  Hey, I'm usually an optimist, why stop now?
Ode to Expanders

Oh makers of the cavity
You made me squirm and whine
Defiers of all gravity
You've finally served your time

Great service you have given me
To ensure my work and run
Time to bid farewell with glee
Your work with me is done

Replacement is a longer term
Gel that keeps its form
Softer, smaller, not as firm
A replica of past conform

Tho new will be my body art
I promise you enjoy
A special place in my heart
For above I'm not a boy
Ok, so I'm no poet.  And I really got stuck on the last stanza.  But hey, it's late and everyone is scowling at me because I'm not in bed.

Thank you all for your prayers, vibes, and good wishes.  Ken will update the blog tomorrow to let you know how I'm doing.

2 comments:

  1. Pull on your coolest all-black outfit (and your new Beverly-Hills-special boobs that are still going to look fabulous many years from now when the rest of us are sagging down to our knees) and head on down to your nearest hazy coffeeshop poetry reading. Just in case your day job doesn't work out, you have a fabulous career in the poetic arts! Hope everything goes well with your surgery and you are back on your feet -- and chest-- soon!
    We are thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun to read! Now I feel like we should have had some sort of farewell event for them! Except I'm not sure how you would feel about other people eulogizing your temporary body parts :-) I'll be thinking of you all day and I'm excited for this next chapter in your life. Enjoy your break from work!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete