Thursday, May 27, 2010

A walk with Val

Not much to report today.  I made an appointment for Wed to have my hand swelling checked out by a physical therapist.  Unfortunately, the appointment is at the James Care place where I had to go for my cancer appointments.  It will be depressing to go back there.  I've also just noticed numbness in my upper left tricep area.  I'm pretty nervous about it so I'm looking forward to seeing the PT. Of course, I'm also dreading seeing him/her because I don't want to hear bad things - and I don't want to wear compression sleeves and gloves. 

I also ran some errands, read my book, watched a movie, and kept up with work emails.  I got up before 8:00am and didn't take a nap today, so I'll be ready for bed soon, I'll guess.

Today is Michelle W's birthday.  Happy birthday, Michelle!

Tonight, Val and I went to Jason's game for awhile but it had multiple lightening delays (no rain) so we gave up and came home.  Val was nice enough to walk with me a little when we got home, so I was able to walk 1.55 miles after the heat of the day was done. 

Val said I was going really fast which surprised me (19:36 was the mile pace).  I thought she'd have no issues walking with me.  If she thought I was fast, she'd really have a tough time with Eunice's pace!  We decided she'd leave me in the dust . . . errrr . . . . in the bubbles in the pool, but the road is my domain. 

It was nice walking with Val tonight.  We talked about school and what she should do about some girls who are not getting along.  I didn't tell her what to do but asked questions and reinforced her decisions thus far.  She is a peacemaker who does not want to take sides. It was also nice that she walked with me just to keep me company, she wasn't really interested in the walk.  I'm proud of her.

Tomorrow I get to take a real shower.  Goodbye sponge!

2 comments:

  1. What a great daughter and mom.... glad you got to spend the time, all those moments go right in the "to be treasured" folder. Great to also hear you relaxing a bit during the day, but we will all hope the "swelling" goes away and you are left with just being "swell". Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! Glad to hear you and Val had a good walk :-)

    ReplyDelete