Friday, May 7, 2010

MPA for Lee Ann!

I'm in Nebraska for a short trip to celebrate Lee Ann's graduation.  She gets her MPA (Master's of Public Administration).  As a single mom who works full time, it took her 5 years to get the degree and she earned it 100 times over.  How did she have the tenacity to stick with it? 

I'm sitting with Lee Ann's kids (Rachel and Jackson) during the ceremony today while she walks with her class and gets her diploma.  Tomorrow we are hosting a big party here (family friendly) at her house so we'll be getting supplies and making food all day.  The kids are really excited about it.

Between dropping the car off at the mechanic shop and heading out to Omaha for the ceremony, I slipped in a run this morning.  I did a 5K and pushed pretty hard.  There are many more hills here than I am used to, that's for sure.  My miles were 10:49, 11:04, 10:38 and the 5K was 33:36, I think.

The Race for the Cure is next weekend, May 15.  I think we've got 12 people doing the 5K with us, most walking and a few running.  I'm looking forward to it.  Then May 25 is the big day: The day I get rid of the expanders.  Yea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment