Friday, May 28, 2010

Shape is not great

I took a shower today.  Was nice and didnt hurt, thank goodness.  As for peaking at the surgery results, I'm not thrilled.  I wish the doc had put in high profile implants because I look like I'm always smooshed in a sports bra.  The shape isn't natural.  And I should have listened to the doc and gone another size up.  I swear I look half the size I was with the expanders.  I'm smaller than before I got cancer.  However, I don't think the size would be much of an issue for me if the shape were less pancake-like and more pointy.  Bras won't fit right, that's for sure.  Some of the shirts I had to layoff for the past 6 months are now options to wear again, though.

Today I drove for the first time since surgery.  It made my arms tired.  Weird.  It didn't hurt at all, but it was actually tiring (no car pun intended) to manage the steering wheel.

I did some errands, some work, talked with my boss, finished a book, took a nap, and attempted to watch a "family night" movie.  We tried to watch Old Dogs, but it was so bad, we unanimously decided to turn it off.  The kids then watched Disney channel while Ken and I went out for a walk.

During yesterday's walk, I pulled Val along trying to get her to keep up.  Today, Ken played that role for me.  I had a tough time keeping up with him.  We walked 2.43 miles and the full miles were 17:30 and 17:38. 

I'm looking forward to this long weekend with no sports events or places we have to be.  We have to do yard work (but not me) and get new tires for the van (again, not me).  I'm not sure what else is on the agenda.  I guess we'll wait and see.  I'd like to get to the Library if it's open and to walk everyday if I can keep the motivation going.

4 comments:

  1. Kel,
    Glad you are feeling better each day and the recovery is going well. I imagine it must be difficult to keep adjusting to the many changes your body has experienced over the past eight months. As women we are conditioned to put a great deal of value on the way our breasts look, but remember that the most amazing part of you is not on your chest. Most people will notice what an intelligent, beautiful, vibrant woman you are and won't even consider what your breasts look like. So, even though you may not currently be happy with a part of you, the rest of the world will continue to think you are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having some disagreements with my implants also. I guess I just thought they'd be more like boobs, but in reality, they're just more comfortable expanders *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Comfortable expanders. Ken said to give them a chance, so I'm trying to find some good things about them. I like that they are soft. Actually they are softer than my real ones. Maybe when I can lift weights again they'll firm up when my pecs get strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Lee Ann. Ken and Kelly, enjoy the weekend....you deserve the time.

    ReplyDelete