Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekend

It's the weekend - and a long weekend too since we have Monday off.  So all is good.

I have nothing to report on the expanders situation except they are still tight and annoying.  It's a dull, annoying, constant discomfort, not really pain like I was having when I moved and the stitch was pulling on my tissue.  So I'm not on narcotics but am taking Aleve and a muscle relaxant sometimes.  Not tonight though.  Tonight, our colleague, Dan brought us the most wonderful dinner and then he joined us to eat it.  We had fabulous baked, glazed pork, ceasar salad, wine, juice, and his famous brownies.  It was perfect.  And such a great evening.  I was glad I wasn't on pain meds because I probably had 3 glasses of wine.

Tonight the kids are headed to bed early because they have a swim meet tomorrow that begins early in the morning and lasts all day.  I have to officiate the meet, too, so it will be busy for all of us.  Tonight, Ken and I have to pack for the meet, but maybe we'll be done in time to watch a movie that arrived several weeks ago from Netflixs but we haven't made time to see yet. 

I wanted to get out to run today, it was great weather, but I didn't.  I did my part in cleaning up the house from Christmas, though. We all did.  We got all the ornaments put away and all the decorations throughout the house cleared, too.  Now we need to finish getting the lights off the tree and then take it down.  Then we'll be cleaned up from Christmas, and it isn't even February yet.

Don't forget to let your opinion known on my poll.  On the right column on this page is my poll and there are only 12 more days to vote.  Should I train for the race and postpone my implants for a month or should I get my implants as early as I can and just walk the race?  Read my post from Jan 14 to find out why the race matters this year.  It isn't about the race, you know.  It never is.  I'm not a racer, I'm slow.  It's more about the sense of accomplishment and training for something.  And it's about not being held back by my body, even after the challenging year I had.  Then again, getting those expanders out and moving on with the process will speed the healing of my body and allow me to put all this behind me sooner.  I've got less than two weeks to decide.  This decision is much easier than the first one during this ordeal, though.  The consequences are not nearly as severe as choosing a bilateral mastectomy or a lumpectomy.  This is a walk in the park compared to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment