Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Great blogs

Today I am so humbled.  I have to tell you to stop reading my blog and read katherine's.  She makes me cry and laugh at the same time. Her blog is so much more entertaining. Really, give it a try. I had to go back and read all of her posts from September to current. 

I know, I know, none of you are actually reading my blog for fun.  No one is that starved for entertainment. You are reading it because you know me and care about me and I'm so fortunate to have you in my life.  Thank you.  Now, if you're here because you listened to a steverunner podcast that sent you here or you are searching for someone going though breast cancer too, try katherine or beth's blogs. They are so much better. Actually, Beth has two, one for cancer and one for life before and after.

Nothing new to report today.  My side is still very sore under and to the left of my left breast and it is limiting my movement and ability to stretch after exercise, or ever, really.  I'm still trying to lose weight (day 4, yeah, I've got a long way to go). I ate well again today, though. No bad days yet. One step at a time. I couldn't fit in an exercise session today, so I printed a document I needed to read before a meeting and took15 minutes to read it while I walked all over the office. I went through mazes of cubes on the third and fouth floors, up and down lots of stairs and hallways, stopping at an occassional water fountain. I kept the pace a little brisk so I could count the respite as exercise. However, I had to move slow enough to not run into people around corners and to still be able to write cryptic notes along the margins as the oh so prepared and insightful employee. Actually, it turned out that none of my ideas were original so I could have sluffed off that 15 mintues, but then I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten my walk in for the day. 

Tonight, I helped Valerie study some science words and I sat in a chair with my Sharper Image back massage mat attached. Val and Michelle (Ken's sister) picked it out for me while I was recovering from surgery over Thanksgiving weekend. It was such a great Christmas gift. I also got fuzzy socks and a tea pot from them. It doesn't get much better than pampering from your 11 year old. Actually, it's even better when the 11 year old is proud of you and tells you so. My family is so great.

2 comments:

  1. I read Katherine's blogs too, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting back in the groove of things. Glad the transition into your work schedule has gone smoothly! I can just picture you pacing around your building reading while doing "laps" -- quite the multi-tasker you are :)

    ReplyDelete