Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another 4 miler

So we did make it back in time for me to run before nightfall.  The sidewalks are clear and it was in the upper 40s today so I ran in shorts and a long sleeve tee, even so, I was a little warm.  It felt good to be out running, although my knee was a little annoyed with me.  I ran 2 miles and then walked/ran 2 more.  I had my Garmin 305so it was much easier to track pace than when I have to do the math on 1/8 laps.  My miles were 11:15, 11:18, 12:57, and 13:56.  My 5K was 36:26.  Total time was 49:17.

I had no water stops today and my outdoor mile lap has some small hills.  I carried my favorite skinny water bottle with me, as is my habit when I run outside.  I don't think I've done that since surgery though.  By the way, if you ever see a 16 oz sports bottle that is about 2 inches in diameter, get me about 3 of them.  I have only one and I love it.

As I was coming in from the run, Ken was just leaving to take Jason and his friend to baseball practice at a batting cage/pitching net place (indoors).  They are both on a travel-lite team (less games than the hard core travel teams, but good players) and it's very cool they get to play together.  We will be sooooo sad when his friend has to move because his father is in the military.  They will probably leave in the spring.

I'd better get the ice out now.  Ken told me to ice the knee as we passed in the kitchen.  I hate icing.  The only time I appreciated it was when training for the half marathon and I'm convinced icing kept me injury free when I did it strategically just a couple of times.

Today is exactly 2 months post-surgery.  That's hard to fathom.

I'm looking forward to another relaxing night. Ken has plans with some friends, so it will just be me and the kids.  I think I'll watch a movie with all young people in it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment