Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Visit from parents and grandmother

This is Spring Break week and we are having a wonderful time with my parents and grandmother who are visiting from Nebraska.

Although I wanted to hang out with my family instead, I forced myself out for the 3 mile run that I skipped yesterday.  My miles were 10:03, 9:46, and 9:26 for a 3 mile run in 29:17.  I was supposed to do an easy run, but it was chilly and I wanted to be doing other things, so I pushed it a bit to get it overwith ASAP. 

I wore my new shoes again today and noticed that my legs got sore about half way through the run.  I wonder if my problem was not overuse of muscles, but underuse of shoes.  Perhaps I got injured from doing a long run in my new shoes a couple of weeks ago.  I think I'll lay off the new shoes until after my 3 running events in April/May.  I thought the new shoes would help me train and run better in those events, but now it seems they are a liability. Perhaps they'll be better once broken-in, but now is not the time to test that theory.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the time Kelly. You deserve it. Also, shoes can have lots to do with the bio-mechanics of running (good and bad)....for races/events best to use tried and true equipment. However, careful, if one of the Poco Loco guys says you have good equipment : - ). Have a great visit.

    ReplyDelete